Khandwala College Library is one of the state-of-the art libraries in the western suburbs of Mumbai. The library is fully automated with latest technology. It has qualitative collection of books, journals, CD-ROMs and databases. The Library is engaged not only in catering the library services but also in imparting training for its users and researchers. The library conducts a short-term training programme for researchers i.e. COIST for introducing the various online tools and techniques. So far 42 PhD researchers are trained.
The Library has also undertaken a non-profit project i.e. ICon-AD for archiving old conference abstracts of different colleges and universities. The Library offers Internship and Training Programme for M.L.I.Sc students of University of Mumbai. It has also initiated internship cum part-time job under the banner of ‘Earn While You Learn’ for the needy and meritorious students.
Quality objective: To provide the best facilities, latest documents and innovative services to the readers to achieve their academic/career goals.
Collection: The Library has the following collection in different document formats.
*as on 1st April, 2018
- Automation: All the library house keeping operations (acquisition, circulation, serials control etc.) are fully automated. Users can access OPAC (online public access catalogue) to search for any document.
- Services: The Library provides reference service, referral service, bibliography service, access to internet resources, open access to library collection, current awareness service, selective dissemination of information, book bank scheme etc. to its patrons.
- Facilities: Reading room of 150 seating capacity, stack room, mini conference room, Wi-Fi facility, free internet access facility, open access system, special seating provision for physically challenged readers, inter-library loan facility etc.
- Activities: The Library regularly organises user education programmes, book exhibitions, need-based lectures (on plagiarism, copyright, citation styles etc.), book review and essay competitions etc.
- Initiatives: The library has undertaken many innovative activities. A short-term course for the research scholars (COIST), earn while you learn scheme for meritorious students, institutional repository (Lekhak), Khandwala Publishing House, Indian National Conference Abstracting Database (ICon-AD), Training cum Mutual Learning Programme for Librarians and Researchers etc.
- Teaching/training: The Library regularly conducts (need-based) teaching and training activities for its readers, faculty and researchers, librarians of other colleges/universities, students studying Library and Information Science etc.
- Working days and timing: Open from Monday to Saturday (except holidays) from 07:00 am to 06:00 pm
- Loan period and entitlements: Students can borrow books for seven days. The borrowed title/s can be renewed one time only. Entitlements of documents depends on course. [UG students: 1-3 books, PG students 3 books, PhD students 5 books].
- Recommendation of titles: Students and faculty can recommend books to the Library by submitting the Requisition Form.
- Queries: Readers having any queries associated with the Library or any academic matters, can meet the Reference Desk staff or contact the Librarian Mr. Santosh C. Hulagabali during the working hours.
- Complaints/suggestions: The readers are free to share their complaints or suggestions on any of our services and facilities either personally or writing to the Librarian on santosh[@]nkc[.]ac[.]in
- Contact details: E-mail: santosh[@]nkc[.]ac[.]in | Tel: 022-2808 5424 Extn.235/236