1. Library involves in teaching, training and research activities. We started short-term Certificate Programme for research scholars
. So far completed four batches and trained 40 researchers of different universities.
2. We launched Indian Conference-Abstracting Database
). We archive old conference abstracts (of the papers) of any domain. So far we 21 Indian institutes have shared their old conference abstracts. The database comprises 901 abstracts of 1315 authors.
3. The Library offers Training cum Mutual Learning Programme
for the Librarians of colleges/universities.
4. We started Earn While You Learn Scheme
. The Library conducts aptituted test, group discussion and interview for the students wishing to pursue a part-time job
in the different departments of the College including Library. We recruit five students every year and offer Rs.3000/- as stipend.
5. The Library offers Consultancy Service, Translation Service
(in foreign language) and Referral Service
to the Library Science professionals and teachers.
6. The Library offers Membership to the Doctoral Research Scholars
(of University of Mumbai and its affiliated colleges). Many teachers and students (pursuing PhD/MPhil) use our Library and its invaluable collection.
7. The Library offers Internship and Training Programme
for Library Science student/s and professionals. University of Mumbai’s four M.L.I.Sc. students have undergone 15 days Internship at our Library since 2011-12. The Library staff of SNDT Women’sUniversity underwent Training Programme at our Library.
8. TheLibrary offers Inter Library Loan
(ILL). The participating collegelibrary of the adjacent area is borrowing books under this provision.
9. The Library subscribes to INFLIBNET’s N-List database
which facilitatesaccess to scholarly e-journals ande-books.
10. The Library has a collection of award winning movies
, language learning kitsand other multimedia kits. There are around 2800 CD-ROMs
available inthe Library.
11. The Library is completely automated with latest technology
. The Libraryconducts stock verification of the entire library collection (every year) byusing Wireless Mobile Scanners
(PDT 6C) which work on Wi-Fi mode.This enables staff to save the time, energy and obtain accurate results.
12. The Library has got Wi-Fi facility
. The faculty and students can access theInternet without any wires.
13. The Library staff prepares the Borrower’s Card
in the Library itself. Theyuse multi-colour printer (Evolis Dualys3) to print the multi-colour borrower's cards with barcode. The colour ribbons, PVC Cards, barcode labels and cleaning kits areused to print the cards.
14. It also provides free Internet Facility
to all its students and teachers. It also provide Scanning and Printing Service
to its faculty.
15. The Library has its official blog
. From last five years, the blog is sharing the activities of the Library to its readers.
16. The Library gives freedom to all its readers/students to recommend the books
for the Library.